Highlights of our program include:
- Dedicated Simulation Suite. The simulation room is adjacent to our department lecture hall and is designed to
resemble an actual ED. Available equipment includes:
- Adult Sim Man Manikins (2)
- Pediatric Manikins (3)
- Adult and Pediatric Airway Management Trainers (4)
- Femoral, Internal Jugular, and Subclavian Line Models
- Peripheral Intravenous Access Ultrasound Model
- Dedicated Simulation Faculty. Emergency Medicine-trained faculty with a particular interest in simulation, will
be instructing simulations.
- Dedicated Simulation Time. Individual residents participate in simulation training on a weekly basis. Additionally,
at least one hour of our monthly Grand Rounds time involves simulation. Resuscitations
are viewed and critiqued in an open forum. Feedback for improvement is provided in
a supportive, collegial environment.
- Open Access. All residents are provided with the ability to access the simulation lab after hours.