OU Campus offers a basic image editing tool so images can be resized, cropped, and rotated directly within the CMS.
This helps ensure that large images are properly resized before being published to
the production server.
- JPEG image files will lose quality by using the OU Campus Image Editor.
- When uploading images, please use PNG Files. You are not able to change a JPEG image
file to a PNG image File using the OU Campus Image Editor.
OU Campus Editor vs Recommended Editor
OU Campus Editor
The Image Editor in OU Campus is an extremely basic image editor that allows you to
resize and/or crop your image.
Edit Image after Insert
- Click Image
- Click Source Button
- Select image to edit from list view
- Click Edit Image in bottom right corner of image preview window
- After Editing, Save and Publish
You can also jump to the Images Editor by going to the Images folder using the Split
If you are resizing a large image
- Click the resize button
- Enter the width and height you would like for the image to become.
(If you enter only the width, the height will be automatically calculated to maintain
proportion of the image as long as "Constrain Properties" is checked.)
- Click “Save As” to add the edited image to your website. Give the image a new name
so that the original file can be retained.
Recommended Image Editor: Pixlr
- It may be easier to upload the image into OU Campus already ready to be posted instead
of using the OU Campus Image Editor.
- If you have no image editing software (such as Adobe Photoshop), you can use Pixlr, a free, online image editor that will allow you to resize and edit image.
- Pixlr will also allow you to change JPEG files into PNG files.