The MCG Faculty Senate
- is composed of elected representatives from the faculty at the Medical College of
- serves as an advisory body to the dean of the Medical College of Georgia.
- provides a means for faculty participation and achievement of long-term goals of the
- has established several standing and special committees which have a major impact
on medical students and faculty.
Faculty Senate Mission Statement:
As elected representatives of the faculty of the Medical College of Georgia,
members of the faculty senate will:
- Serve as a forum for the dissemination of information, and for the discussion and
expression of opinion regarding matters of interest, concern or importance to the
- Participate in the organization and governance of the faculty by naming and coordinating
committees that oversee student issues such as admissions, student promotions and
professionalism, student curriculum, and faculty issues such as promotions and tenure
and recognition of outstanding performances. Facilitate communication with the Dean
of the Medical College of Georgia about faculty opinions and concerns. -Approved July 31, 2000