We understand that career goals can change over time so the University System of Georgia
MD/PhD Program offers a flexible M.D./Ph.D. program, designed for current medical
students who would like to combine clinical care with biomedical research.
Deadline for 2020 is January 31, 2020.
Requirements to apply as an MD student:
- Students applying for matriculation into the MD/PhD Program following completion of
the M2 or M3 year must have passed each module and/or course at the 80th percentile
and be ranked within the top 50 percent of their medical school class.
Complete and submit the application which includes:
- An essay describing your desire to enter the dual degree MD/PhD program and your research
- A description all of your substantial research experience(s)
- A copy of any abstracts and published articles you have authored or co-authored
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from former research advisors
Thank you for your interest in the program!