Prior to admission, the following prospective students are advised in the Academic
Advisement Center (University Hall 262):
- Elementary Education
- Middle Grades Education
- Special Education
- Secondary Education
Criteria for Admission to Teaching and Leading
Admission to Teaching and Leading is separate from admission to Augusta University.
Only students who have been fully accepted to Augusta University and who satisfy the
following criteria will be considered for admission to Teacher and Leading. In some
fields of study, additional requirements may apply. Students should check with the
appropriate department to determine these special requirements.
- Both transfer and AU students must earn a minimum Overall GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale) on
all attempted hours in the system core curriculum in areas A-F, as required for teacher
- For students in the elementary, middle grades, secondary, and P-12 programs. For secondary
and P-12 students, a cumulative grade point of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) is required
on all upper division courses taken as part of the major in which the student is seeking
- A record free of criminal, disciplinary, and psychological problems.
- Verification of physical health appropriate to the requirements of a classroom teacher.
Once a student has completed the above requirements and is ready to apply to Teaching
and Leading, Academic Advisement will notify the College of Education. It is the candidate’s
responsibility to complete the formal application as described below. Admission to
a Teaching and Leading program is a prerequisite for all upper division level professional
education courses. A student must be admitted into a Teaching and Leading Program
in order to register for these courses.
The deadlines for submitting an application to a Teaching and Leading Program are:
- December 1st for Spring admission
- June 2nd for Fall admission
Follow these directions to apply for admission:
- Download the one page application for admission to Teaching and Leading.
- Complete the Teacher Candidate Applicant Information on page 1 of the application.
- Submit the application with a copy of your advising checklist and proof of registration
for the required assessments to the Program Manager in the College of Education (University
Hall Suite 345).
- The application process cannot be completed until grades are posted for the current
semester. You will be notified once a decision is made.
- If you are accepted into a Teaching and Leading program, you will be required to attend
an orientation session and meet with your new advisor. Only then will you be able
to register for your classes.
Candidates seeking admittance to a GaPSC-approved educator preparation program during
Summer or Fall 2020 semesters who are unable to satisfy the GACE Program Admission Assessment or provide exemption
scores may be conditionally admitted at the discretion of the EPP.
New Free GACE Training:
GAE GACE Workshops