Welcome to the Augusta University Student Georgia Association of Educators (SGAE)/National
Education Association Chapter, an affiliate of both the Georgia Association of Educators
and the National Education Association.
Our campus SGAE advisor is Dr. Paulette Harris who may be reached in the Augusta
University College of Education at (706) 729-2045 and email@example.com.
To join SGAE please go to the pv.gae2.org website and list Augusta University as your college/university.
Benefits of joining Augusta University SGAE/NEA include:
- Representation for members at local, state, and national levels.
- $1 million in liability insurance coverage-at no extra cost
- Monthly subscription to the GAE and NEA publications
- Events and workshops that are relevant to future educators
- Access Discount Card-provides savings at restaurants, hotels, and retailers
The goal of SGAE/NEA is to provide Augusta University students with leadership building
experiences through service.
Opportunities abound for SGAE/NEA members to build collaborative relationships on
the Augusta University campus and throughout the state and nation with other college/university
students who are interested in education as a career.
Leadership experiences in SGAE/NEA include:
- Attendance and active participation in an annual spring retreat serving as the master
planning session for all of our SGAE activities for the coming year.
- Literacy service learning opportunities through the Augusta University Literacy Center
where SGAE provides books for a community of new readers.
- A diversity exchange project with a Historically Black College in our area in February.
- A Children's book drive-with donation box at the Augusta University Literacy Center.
- Active participation in NEA's Read Across America in March.
- Attendance and active participation in the GAE Student state-wide program conference
- Support and guidance from the Richmond County Association of Educators (RCAE), the
county level affiliate of the Georgia Association of Educators (GAE) and the National
Education Association (NEA). This mutually beneficial relationship allows the Augusta
University-SGAE/NEA chapter access to seasoned professionals who are dedicated to
assisting college/university students in reaching their academic and professional
goals. The RCAE members serve as mentors to SGAE members and provide many innovative
workshops hosted by SGAE/NEA on topics such as legislative updates that impact education.
- Professional development opportunities are available through your membership in SGAE/NEA
to include GACE workshops free of charge to SGAE/NEA members.
Georgia Association of Educators
National Education Association