To provide state of the art urgent and emergent care for children and infants suffering
from acute medical illness and injury.
To provide the academic environment in Pediatric Emergency Medicine for the department’s
general emergency medicine residency, fellows, family medicine, the associated pediatric
residency, the medical student body, EMS personnel, and nurse practitioners.
- Established in 1997
- Provides the only tertiary medical and trauma care in the 150 square mile area.
- A recognized section within the Department of Emergency Medicine
- Volume: 30,000 pediatric patients under the age of 18
- 40% of inpatient admissions came through the Emergency Department
- 16 bed emergency department with single attending coverage and additional attending-level
care in busy winter months.
- Average 10% admission rate annually.
- Supportive primary care community.
- Cerner emergency medical record system
- Our practice location is the Children's Hospital of Georgia
List of pediatric emergency medicine physicians