Eminent Scholar in Telemedicine
Medical College of Georgia
Department of Medicine: Endocrinology
Retired-rehired. 40 years at MCG. Endocrine Section Chief 15 years. Georgia Research Alliance Telemedicine Scholar 20+years. Co-Director Multi-disciplinary Pituitary Clinic. Emeritus Professor of Medicine. Consultant (National and International) Endocrinology and Telemedicine.
- (706) 721-2131
- (706) 721-7270
- HB 5025
Harvard University, 1965
BA, Chemistry, General
Hamilton College, 1961
Awards & Honors
Courses Taught Most Recent Academic Year
1. Disorders of the Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Adrenal, Thyroid and Gonadal Axes.
2. Development and Application of Telemedicine/Telehealth/Distance Learning (primarily for Medicine and/or Nursing).
Selected Recent Publications
- Assessment of Insulin Administration Methods: Perceptions by Patients and Significant Others Instrument Development, 2015
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Assessment of Two Commonly Employed Insulin Administration Methods: Perceptions by Patients and Significant Others, 2015
- Automated Urine Flow Rate and Volume Measurement: Validation of a New System, 2015
- Differential Rural and Urban Use of the Insulin Pump for Intensive Diabetes Management and Potential Role for Telemedicine, 2015
- Perceptions of Patients and Significant Others regarding CSII and MDII on Lifestyle and Diabetes Management, 2015
Research collaborations (not Primary Investigator.
1. Clinical Disorders of the Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Adrenal, Thyroid and Gonadal Axes
2. Development and Application of Telemedicine/Telehealth/Distance Learning for Patient-Centered Medical and/or Nursing Services.
2014 - Present
The THA Group, LLC
2013 - Present
Smart House Calls, LLC
2012 - Present
2011 - Present
New Life Foundation
2010 - Present