Why participate in the JAGByte Living Learning Community?
The JAGByte Living Learning Community (LLC) is a dynamic residential experience designed to provide an environment for
incoming freshman majoring in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Engineering,
Cyber Operations, and Information Technology to become leaders in their field by introducing
and fostering opportunities for:
| In partnership with Augusta University's Career Services, you will participate in
various career preparation activities.
Learn the importance of critical thinking and communications skills to develop into
a well-rounded career professional.
Develop effective study habits and receive an enhanced learning experience within
and outside of the classroom.
| Participate in community services hosted by the Cyber Institute and other Augusta
University entitites, as well as other community groups.
JAGByte LLC members will be able to participate in activities that are exclusive to
the community, including:
- Cohort-based courses related to their major
- One-on-one academic and career coaching
- Site visits to tech companies and organizations
Who can participate?
- Must be an incoming Augusta University freshman, majoring in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Cybersecurity, Cyber Operations or Cybersecurity Engineering
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0
- Higher grade point averages (GPA)
- Higher graduation rates
- Higher campus engagement
- More social interaction with peers
Apply for Housing
Your learning experience at Augusta University
- Oak Hall: Provides housing for first-year Augusta University students. Students living at Oak
Hall have the opportunity to participate in learning communities and special interest
- Career Services: Career Services is here to help you get ahead! Get help with finding opportunities
related to your major, exploring careers, job searching and professional or graduate
- Academic Success Center (ASC): The ASC is home to a variety of free support services including tutoring, academic coaching, success workshops for
Augusta University students. At the ASC, our number one goal is to see you succeed!
We aim to expand and energize student learning utilizing best practices, collaboration,