Autism Spectrum Disorders
Autism Spectrum Disorders are characterized by impairment in several areas of development including social communication
and social interaction across contexts, and the presence of restricted, repetitive
patterns of behavior, interests or activities.
Specific documentation guidelines for Autism Spectrum Disorders include the following:
- General documentation guidelines
- Diagnosis and corresponding code from the most recent DSM.
- Assessment of the following diagnostic criteria is required and evaluation results
must be included in the documentation:
- Developmental history that includes evidence of Autism Spectrum Disorders symptoms
- Documentation of current qualitative impairment in social interaction and social communication
and their level of severity
- Documentation of current restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped patterns of behavior,
interests, and activities.
- Assessment of broad cognitive ability and language function using standardized assessment
measures with age-appropriate norms.
Think you have a disability, but never been evaluated? Contact a qualified licensed provider in your insurance’s network or email email@example.com for referral information.
*TDS does not test or evaluate students for disabilities in our office but we can
help you with referrals and steps to get tested.*