Pervasive developmental disorder characterized by qualitative impairment in social
interactions, qualitative impairment in communication affecting both verbal and nonverbal
communication skills, and the presence of repetitive and stereotyped behaviors, interests,
Specific documentation guidelines for Pervasive Development Disorder include the following:
- General documentation guidelines listed in Appendix D of the USG Academic & Student Affairs Handbook.
- Diagnosis and corresponding code from the most recent DSM.
- Assessment of the following diagnostic criteria is required and evaluation results
must be included in the documentation:
- Developmental history that includes evidence of Autistic Disorder symptoms in childhood.
- Documentation of current qualitative impairment in social interaction.
- Documentation of current qualitative impairment in communication.
- Documentation of current restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped patterns of behavior,
interests, and activities.
- Assessment of broad cognitive ability and language function using standardized assessment
measures with age-appropriate norms.