Army ROTC Scholarships
Campus based scholarships are offered to students who were not offered or did not
apply for the High School ROTC Scholarship or Green to Gold program. These scholarships
may range in length from 2-4 years. Scholarships pay for full tuition and mandatory
fees, for both resident and non-resident students. You may elect to receive $5,000
per semester instead of receiving the tuition and fees money. Scholarship awardees
also receive a book allowance of $600 per semester (not to include summer) and a tax-free
monthly stipend of $420 to defray the cost of living. Applications are initiated by
the Department of Military Science, Army ROTC at MSU.
Request for more Information
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must not reach 31 years of age by December 31 of the year you will graduate from college.
- If you are taking or have taken college courses you must be considered an academic
sophomore for the 3-Year and an academic junior for the 2-year Scholarship, and have
the same number of years remaining for a baccalaureate degree upon enrollment.
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT and 19 on the ACT.
- Satisfactory explanation of any record of arrest and/or civil conviction.
- Have no moral or personal conviction against bearing arms or supporting and defending
the Constitution of the United States.
Those applicants advancing to further scholarship consideration are scheduled for
a medical examination and a personal or board interview.
Personal or Board Interview
This interview is conducted in person at the Department of Military Science, Army
ROTC at MSU. Army ROTC is located in Hamilton Hall.
Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted and scheduled for a medical
examination by the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB).
Your medical condition is not a consideration in the selection of winners; however,
all winners must be medically qualified and enrolled to receive scholarship benefits.
While the examination is usually in Bozeman, any travel to and from examination is
at your own expense.
If you are selected for an ROTC Scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract with the Secretary of the Army.
- Attend a 5-week Advanced Camp between your 3rd and 4th Year at Ft Knox, Kentucky.
- Accept a Commission to serve on Army active duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves
upon degree completion.
- Serve in the military for a period of 8 years. This may be fulfilled by:
- Serving active duty, if selected, for 4 years followed by 4 years of service in the
Individual Ready Reserve(IRR)/National Guard/Army Reserves. Term of service begins
upon arrival at Basic Officer Leadership Course.
- Serve 8 years in the National Guard/Army Reserves,that includes a 3-6 month active
duty term for initial training. Terms of obligation begin at time of commissioning.