WHO is an Academic Coach?
Peer Academic Coaches are trained individuals who work with students one-to-one. Academic Coaches guide you into becoming the most effective, self-regulated learner possible. Academic coaching focuses on learning strategies, life management skills, and earning
A coach individualizes appropriate activities based upon your strengths and weaknesses,
similar to how an athletic coach or a personal trainer assesses an athlete and develops
a training regimen.
You should meet with an academic coach if you:
- Feel you’re “not doing well” in your classes
- Feel undue academic pressure
- Would like to sharpen your learning or life management skills, including: College reading, Managing stress, Motivation and focus, Communicating with instructors,
Test-taking strategies, and Time management
before meeting with an academic coach you should....
- Schedule an online appointment. Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance (no same day appointments)
- Complete the online LASSI assessment: www.collegelassi.com using the following log-in:
- School Number: 80754
- User Name: egwy
- Password: hxk8
- Complete the Coaching Intake Form and bring it with you to the appointment.
- These items must be completed before meeting.
How does academic coaching work?
Initial coaching appointments typically last 45 minutes. At the first appointment,
the coach assesses your needs and recommends a success plan.
A success plan may include:
- Follow-up appointments
- Referrals to academic support services
- Assignments designed to develop effective learning strategies or time management skills
If a follow-up session is needed, the coach monitors your progress during the semester
and works with you on various success strategies.
REFER A STUDENT Schedule An Appointment