iLab is a web-based system that allows researchers and staff to submit requests for Core
services electronically. The system allows real-time management of requests, provides
financial billing that is integrated with People Soft Financials, and provides increased
opportunity for collaboration with external partners.
INTERNAL AU ILAB USERS:
- Every internal AU user has an iLab account that activates upon first login.
- iLab organizes user accounts into a lab. Labs are named by the PI's last name.
- iLab automatically creates a lab for every AU PI that has at least 1 AU funding source/account.
- The first time a non-PI user logs in, the system will ask you to identify your PI.
The PI or Lab Manager then receives an email asking to approve your request to become
a member of that lab.
- The PI or Lab Manager must approve members into the lab and authorize at least 1 AU
funding source/account before lab members can start scheduling services or requesting
- A PI can designate one or more lab members as a Lab Manager to manage lab members and authorize
EXTERNAL ILAB USERS:
- For first-time login, please follow go to the AU iLab portal and log in as an External User.
- External accounts are managed by iLab Solutions support staff. This includes creating
user accounts, organizing members into labs, and any additional account maintenance.
- iLab support typically responds to and creates external user accounts within 24 hours.