HOME SCHOOLED STUDENTS
Augusta University recognizes that most students who have graduated from a non-accredited
home school or high school are amply prepared for college work.
Each year, Augusta University welcomes freshman applicants who have been educated
The University System of Georgia policy dictates that in addition to SAT I or equivalent
ACT scores and the Freshman Index, students must present seventeen (17) specific required
High School curriculum units to be accepted to a comprehensive research university.
These units must be completed through a high school with regional accreditation. This
accreditation is determined through an association with the Georgia Accrediting Commission,
the Georgia Private School Accrediting Commission, or through a public high school
regulated by the school system and the Department of Education.
Students who have completed the RHSC's in a homeschooled program or secondary school
that is not accredited by one of the agencies listed above have the following three
(3) options available in order to validate RHSC units. Students can select the option
per subject area that is most suitable for them.
RHSC Validation Options
Stanford Achievement Test / California Achievement Test / Iowa Test of Basic Skills
Submit a high school transcript and subject test scores from the Stanford Achievement,
California Achievement test or the Iowa Test of Basic Skills for each RHSC subject
area. Scores greater than or equal to the 50 percentiles of national takers will validate
acceptable proficiency in RHSC subject areas.
RHSC’s in Mathematics can be validated with a SAT I of at least 400 or an ACT score
of at least 17. RHSC’s in English can be validated with a SAT I verbal score of at
least 430 or an ACT score of at least 17. Students can validate additional RHSC's
by presenting other standardized tests such as CLEP or SAT II. In addition to English
and Mathematics, other sections of the ACT scores can be used to validate comprehension
in specific subjects, such as science through the Science Reasoning section, and through
the Sub scores (if student participated), Social Studies section.
- English Writing-520
- English Literature-530
- American History& Social Studies-560
- Math IC or Math IIC 500, or 570
- Biology- 540
- Chemistry- 590
Because all of the factors which make up the FI are typically not available for home
schooled students, all home schooled applicants must undergo an individual review
before an admission decision is made.
In addition to submitting the freshman application for admission, home schooled students
must also submit the following items:
- Home school transcript
- High school transcript if any courses have been taken through the local high school
- College transcript(s) if any college coursework has been attempted
- Official ACT or SAT scores (must be received directly from the testing agency)
- Other testing - ITBS, Stanford
Life Enrichment (Non-Traditional Students)
A Life Enrichment student is one who has graduated from high school or the equivalent,
has not attended high school in the past five years, and has earned no more than 30
semester hours (45 quarter hours) of transferable college credit.
- Official high school transcript showing graduation date, or Official GED Scores
- ACCUPLACER Exam - required for admission consideration
- Verification of Lawful Presence
- Official college transcripts, if applicable
- Any further documents as requested by the Augusta University Office of Academic Admissions